Barbudans Gives Thanks.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Its a while since I've posted on my "blog"page...sigh lol anyways, I have been on the move. My sister island Barbuda was hit by Hurricane Irma in September which displaced them all off the island. They live on sister island Antigua in shelters some in private homes. 

Since the storm, I have been volunteering my time at one of the shelter daily in the clothing department ( see pics on my instagram page @antiguansoilyafrancoise ).

This thanksgiving was special for me, well.. the week before. First I met His Excellency Heir to the Throne Prince Charles, Prince of Wales...it was surprisingly wonderful. The Prince came to the center where some Barbudans live to have a better feel of how they are, he had a good talk with me in the clothing department sharing deep concern...then he cracked a joked to me when he looked at the heels donated and said "can you imagine women wearing heels that high" my response " of course we women love our heels" I snapped my fingers, dip the hips, pout the lips during my response, he laughed along with the media ( gosh it was plenty in that room) still up to now don't know where my reaction came from but I myself very funny that i naturally got from my daddy and happy to see the Prince himself is funny too. His Excellency Sir. Rodney Williams of Antigua/Barbuda was present and happy for the work I am doing with the Barbudans, he was highly impressed by the news article in the Caribbean Times that published that same day of Prince Charles arrival entitled Barbudans Give Thanks.

I love helping...my humanitarian side of me focus however is on HIV/AIDS and I got many ideas in mind how I want to impact the world in this area. Below are photos that my team helped me put together. All make-up done by one of Antigua's best make-up artist Michelle Millington-Beauty Bar & Spa, all photos done by Antigua's best seasoned photographer StudioJoJan- Mr. Joseph Jones (AntiguaBrides Destination Wedding Photography).

To read the article see link between the photos.

The paintings on face was done by one of Antigua's best Tattoo artist Mongoose, so grateful for his help and time.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and all who have helped me this year through thick and thin. 


"This is one of my favorite pic... I really can come up with out of the box works lol I didn't want to come off the roof of the car lol

See link to read more of the story behind Barbuda Give Thanks. http://www.caribbeantimes.ag/barbudans-give-thanks/

Francoise Bowen doing her thing again through humanitarian helping Barbudans and using her talent through film and photography.
"The burnt care symbolizes the destruction the island of Barbuda went through due to Hurricane Irma in September 2017. The Fancy dresses worn by the three ladies symbolizes the new beginning of beauty for Barbuda and Barbudans. The pink dress is the symbol of the island's pink sand beaches. The dresses worn were donated to the shelter clothing department at the NTTC. Francoise on the on the roof of the car waving the nations's flag means "nah k a wha e be, Antigua/Barbuda might be likle but we tallawah"- (translation Antigua/Barbuda may be very small but we strong and always bounce back on solid foundation, don't try us!") 








Love this child, she was so inquisitive to touch my face my photographer Mr. Jones caught it right on spot.  

Below:
All credits to BBC for this photo that was found on their website- myself with the Prince of Wales, immediately behind him is His Excellency Sir. Rodney Williams Governor General of Antigua/Barbuda, next to him is the head of the shelter house Ms. Samantha Burnett ...see link 

Second picture below found on Daily Mail UK, all credit to them.. this was the moment I gave my reaction to the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles...gosh what a memory for me to pass unto my bloodline lol http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5094437/It-s-cheerful-Charles-Prince-tour-Antigua.html














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates with loves.

It is my 40th Birthday!

Reflection of Thanks to God Almighty.